Lamorinda is the ideal Bay Area location for families who want a small town lifestyle and easy city access. Just minutes from Berkeley and Oakland, and less than 20 miles from downtown San Francisco, our area offers excellent weather and unrivaled outdoor recreation, plus regular BART trains that get you to San Francisco in 25 minutes. Here are some resources to help you learn more about why this is a choice place to live.
- 511.org - Bay Area traffic and commute information
- BART - Bay Area Rapid Transit. Trains leave every 5 minutes during peak hours
- Casual Commute - Ridesharing pick up points throughout Lamorinda enable commuters to use carpool lanes for a faster trip to San Francisco
- The County Connection - Our local bus system with regular routes to BART stations and schools
Local Parks and Recreation
Our fabulous park and recreation departments have an array of classes for kids and adults, offer wonderful parks and facilities, and put on popular annual events. Below find information on some of the larger parks in our area. Many smaller parks are tucked into neighborhoods around Lamorinda.
- Briones Regional Park - a 6,000+ acre regional park with rolling hills for hiking, archery, camping and enjoying nature
- Lafayette Parks and Recreation Department - offering classes ranging from Kindergym to yoga to culinary arts, Lafayette boasts a robust schedule for people of all ages. The "tot lot" playground behind the Lafayette Community Center is a favorite for toddlers
- Lafayette Reservoir Recreation Area and Rim Trail - "The Rez" as it's affectionately known has multiple hiking and running trails, playgrounds, fishing, boating and picnic areas
- Lafayette-Moraga Trail - a 7.5 mile trail connects Lafayette and Moraga is a popular place to walk, run, bike and enjoy nature
- Moraga Parks and Recreation
- Moraga Commons Park - located in the heart of Moraga, this park is a center of activity for families. Check out the playgrounds, volleyball and bocce courts, frisbee golf course, skate park and don't miss the summer concert series for live music and an evening picnic. The Moraga farmer's market is nearby on Sundays, year-round
- Orinda Parks and Recreation Department
- Orinda Community Center Park - adjacent to the Orinda community center and library. A great park for little ones and their parents. Playgrounds, tennis courts, picnic areas and an open grassy area for kicking the ball around. Like Moraga Commons, the Orinda park offers evening concerts in the summer and a farmer's market on Saturdays May - November
- Tilden Regional Park - located in the Berkeley hills adjacent to Orinda, Tilden Park offers amazing views, a public 18-hole golf course, miles of hiking, a petting farm, steam train and carousel for kids, botanical gardens, playgrounds, picnic areas, campgrounds, summer camps and more