With activities ranging from summer concerts in the park, to film and wine festivals and neighborhood pools, there is always something to get out and do in Lamorinda. Below is just some of what's going on.
Festivals and Farmers Markets
- California Independent Film Festival
- California Shakespeare Festival / "CalShakes"
- Moraga Farmer's Market - Sundays year round
- Orinda Farmer's Market - Saturdays May through November
- Lafayette Farmer's Market - Sundays May to October
- Walnut Creek Farmer's Market - Sundays year round
- Lafayette Art and Wine Festival
- Lamorinda Idol
- Orinda 4th of July Parade
Athletic Clubs and Country Clubs
- Claremont Country Club - Oakland, CA
- Contra Costa Country Club - Pleasant Hill, CA
- Diablo Country Club - Diablo, CA
- Orinda Country Club - Orinda, CA
- Oakwood Athletic Club - Lafayette, CA
- Moraga Country Club - Moraga, CA
Neighborhood Swim Clubs
Swimming is a popular sport for Lamorinda kids and many neighborhoods are organized around a pool. Some clubs offer water polo, tennis and other amenities.
Moraga Swim Clubs
- Campolindo Cabana Club - Near Campolindo High School. Offers swim only.
- Moraga Country Club - Offers swim, tennis, golf and a gym.
- Moraga Ranch Pool - Near Camino Pablo Elementary. Offers swim only.
Lafayette Swim Clubs
- LMYA - At Acalanes High School. Offers swim only.
- Oakwood - Near the Lafayette Reservoir, an athletic club with a swim program and team.
- Las Trampas - Near Burton Valley Elementary. Offers swim.
- Rancho Colorados - Near Burton Valley. Offers swim and tennis.
- Springbrook Pool - Near Spring Hill Elementary / Acalanes High School. Offers swim, lawn and BBQ area.
- Sunvalley - Near Condit and Saranap. Offers swim.
Orinda Swim Clubs
- Meadow Swim & Tennis Club - Near Glorietta Elementary. Offers swim, tennis and a playground.
- Moraga Valley Swim & Tennis Club - Near Del Rey Elementary. Offers swim, tennis, sports court, large lawn.
- Miramonte Swim - At Miramonte High School. Offers swim only.
- Orinda Country Club - Offers swim, tennis, golf, country club.
- Orinda Park Pool - Near Wagner Ranch Elementary. Offers swim only, grassy lawn.
- Sleepy Hollow - Near Sleepy Hollow Elementary. Offers swim and tennis.
Helpful Online Forums for Lamorinda Residents
- Lamorinda Moms - a great resource for moms in the area
- Mommy Nearest - a mobile app that helps you find local kids activities and events
- Nextdoor - connect with your neighbors for recommendations, classifieds and news. Many of our neighborhoods are very active on Nextdoor.
Local Parks and Outdoor Recreation
Our fabulous park and recreation departments have an array of classes for kids and adults, offer wonderful parks and facilities, and put on popular annual events. Below find information on some of the larger parks in our area. Many smaller parks are tucked into neighborhoods around Lamorinda.
- Briones Regional Park - a 6,000+ acre regional park with rolling hills for hiking, archery, camping and enjoying nature.
- Lafayette Parks and Recreation Department - offering classes ranging from Kindergym to yoga to culinary arts, Lafayette boasts a robust schedule for people of all ages.
- Lafayette Reservoir Recreation Area and Rim Trail - "The Rez" as it's affectionately known has multiple hiking and running trails, playgrounds, fishing, boating and picnic areas.
- Lafayette-Moraga Trail - a 7.5 mile trail connects Lafayette and Moraga is a popular place to walk dogs, run, bike and enjoy nature.
- Moraga Parks and Recreation
- Moraga Commons Park - located in the heart of Moraga, this park is a center of activity for families. Check out the playgrounds, volleyball and bocce courts, frisbee golf course, skate park and don't miss the summer concert series for live music and an evening picnic.
- Orinda Parks and Recreation Department
- Orinda Community Center Park - adjacent to the Orinda community center and library. A great park for little ones and their parents. Playgrounds, tennis courts, picnic areas and an open grassy area for kicking the ball around. Like Moraga Commons, the Orinda park offers evening concerts in the summer.